Mempremagog lake 3/25

Evan Perkins

Mar 25, 2023, 1:41:44 PM3/25/23
to NHNordicSkating, VTNordicskating
   And we were able to skate a 42 mile out and back from Newport Vermont North into Canada. In general the ice conditions were lumpy and bumpy with some several mile long sections of relatively smooth ice here, and there along the shores and such. Our goal was to get to the narrow section in the center, third of the lake where the lake had frozen last.. we knew about this from satellite Intel from several weeks ago. That whole center section was pretty much ice shore to shore, but both the north and south ends of the lake have snow on the ice with gray ice lanes and areas here and there. The ice is very thick on this lake well over a foot in any place we could see down drain holes . It is not unreasonable to think that after another freeze thaw event we might get another shot at this lake. Maybe perhaps the whole thing this time.    Evan

Matt Steinberg

Mar 25, 2023, 4:58:22 PM3/25/23
to Evan Perkins, NHNordicSkating, VTNordicskating
Thanks Evan. Count me in for next time!