Drysuit

Kyle Saltzman

Sep 17, 2022, 8:18:39 AM9/17/22
to vtnordi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Skate Hounds,

So I asked a question about drysuits a while back and some info came back, much appreciated.  But I still have questions.  What's the deal with the attached booties?  Do we use suits with booties or are ankle gaskets a thing?  My first instinct is that booties and a sock will be uncomfortable held within my skate boot and that I would have to upsize to make two underlayers fit.  Any info appreciated.

Kyle
Enosburg, VT

David Lysy

Sep 17, 2022, 8:59:36 AM9/17/22
to Kyle Saltzman, VTNordicskating
I wear dry pants and separate but integrated dry top (my sea kayaking gear) because I can't wear booties in my high performance skate boots.  I wear a waterproof socks instead.

Pete Furtado

Sep 17, 2022, 3:20:37 PM9/17/22
to David Lysy, Kyle Saltzman, VTNordicskating
I had to go up a size and a half in my skate boots when I got my drysuit with attached booties, and it's still a tight fit. In retrospect, one without attached booties may have been better for me.

Nick vanderKloot

Sep 17, 2022, 3:37:14 PM9/17/22
to auleth...@hotmail.com, vtnordi...@googlegroups.com
I have a drysuit with attached booties. Through a stroke of good luck they fit perfectly in my skate boots which I had bought one size too large. Main advantage is dry feet even if you go through. Downside is that I can barely wear my regular shoes off the ice, eg for driving etc.
Nick