Colchester Pond - 3/10

ph...@together.net

Mar 10, 2022, 10:51:16 AM3/10/22
to VTNordicskating

Colchester Pond was very, very good this morning.  There was a light pebbly surface that seemed to dissipate a bit as it got warmer.  I left before things got soft and grabby but the ice was good enough (I’d rate it an 8 ½) that I ditched my pack and poles and tried to regain my admittedly never very good speedskating form.  According to one ice fisherman, the ice is at least 16” thick.  I might return tomorrow morning with my figure skates.

-Phyl

Christopher Sussman

Mar 10, 2022, 11:08:20 AM3/10/22
to VTNordicskating
Any reports on Shelburne Pond?

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 10:51 AM <ph...@together.net> wrote:

Colchester Pond was very, very good this morning.  There was a light pebbly surface that seemed to dissipate a bit as it got warmer.  I left before things got soft and grabby but the ice was good enough (I’d rate it an 8 ½) that I ditched my pack and poles and tried to regain my admittedly never very good speedskating form.  According to one ice fisherman, the ice is at least 16” thick.  I might return tomorrow morning with my figure skates.

-Phyl

ph...@together.net

Mar 10, 2022, 4:11:50 PM3/10/22
to VTNordicskating

For some reason this doesn’t appear to have gone through the first time I sent it.

-Phyl