Final fun outing?

Tom Duca

Mar 30, 2022, 4:04:36 PM3/30/22
to ADKNordicSkating, VTNordicskating
Wed 3/30/22.
I picked up JR off the Essex ferry from Vt with his ice bike and we circumnavigated Long Pond in Willsboro.
That same surface crackle/vein pattern seen earlier by Dan on Lower Saranac Lake was predominate but there were some smoother areas as well as some snowy patches.
This was Spring skating, the ice was making a fair amount of booming noises and we had all our safety equipment and were aware that although the night was sub freezing and the ice was solid and mostly 6”+,  we were watching the rising temps and bright sun.
The outlet area was open as was some of the East shoreline, there was a large open E/W heave across most of the lake and a tangential one that opened into a 15’ moat in the hour it took us to go all the way around. (We had to skirt directly to the shoreline).
The ice was hard, and had a surprisingly flat surface.  No one fell and no feet got wet. All in all, the ratings go up for bright sun, good company, little wind and probably this season’s last skate?
Thanks for making the effort JR👍
Respectfully submitted,
tom duca