Cold thoughts

Matt Steinberg

Aug 9, 2022, 12:12:28 PM8/9/22
to VTNordicskating, NHNordicSkating
Hello Everyone,

I am sure at least some of you have been suffering through this hellish summer heat like me thinking of the ice to come this winter. I just wanted to share an image to help everyone get through the next few months. I just returned from a successful climb of Mount Rainier and spent three days playing on the glaciers. In the midst of my climbing, I was lucky enough to spot this beautiful surface meltwater pond gleaming like a sapphire. It had a thin coating of ice and made me suddenly wish I had some skates on instead of crampons and poles instead of ice axes. Anyway, I hope you enjoy and this helps a little in getting through this heat and humidity.

Matt
KIMG0531~2.JPG
KIMG0530.JPG

diana hanks

Aug 9, 2022, 2:10:29 PM8/9/22
to Matt Steinberg, VTNordicskating, NHNordicSkating
Oh that does look beautiful! It would have been amazing to skate natural ice in August! Too bad you didn’t have sone equipment with you. However I know you already must have had heavy enough a pack on your back.

Thanks for sharing that lovely photo,
Diana

Sent from my iPhone