Colchester Pond / Inland Sea 3/11

ph...@together.net

Mar 11, 2022, 12:39:03 PM3/11/22
to VTNordicskating

The ice on Colchester Pond suffered from yesterday’s sunshine and warm weather but it was still skate-able this morning with Nordic skates.  I think I enjoyed it more than the rest of the group because I sunk in less.  It should still be okay this afternoon though not the great surface of yesterday.

I also just got a call from a kicksledder on the Inland Sea who said the ice there wasn’t bad.  He accessed it from Featherbed Lane and said there was a bit of a moat to cross to get to the ice and that it would only be okay in Nordic skates.

-Phyl