vala-gen-project improvements

Nicolas Joseph

Nov 25, 2009, 5:48:26 AM11/25/09
to vtg-dev
Hi,

Following this discussion: http://groups.google.com/group/valide-dev/browse_thread/thread/f3412d9c728df33c?hl=en
I propose to fix various issues for vala-gen-project.

My proposals:

* A function for set parameters without GUI (authors, mail, ...)
* List of licenses not hardcoded (issue #19)
* Use adapter pattern for support more building systems (issue #38)
* Support for source template

Do you agree that I proposed patches? I can start with common
proposals and we can discuss others later.

Just for my information, why this project is included in vtg and not
independent?

Andrea Del Signore

Nov 28, 2009, 1:44:33 PM11/28/09
to vtg...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 02:48 -0800, Nicolas Joseph wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Nicolas,

sorry for the late response but your email was catched by the evolution
antispam filter.

> Following this discussion: http://groups.google.com/group/valide-dev/browse_thread/thread/f3412d9c728df33c?hl=en
> I propose to fix various issues for vala-gen-project.
>
> My proposals:
>
> * A function for set parameters without GUI (authors, mail, ...)

There are already some command line options for this.

> * List of licenses not hardcoded (issue #19)
> * Use adapter pattern for support more building systems (issue #38)
> * Support for source template
>
> Do you agree that I proposed patches? I can start with common
> proposals and we can discuss others later.

These features are on my todo list from a long time so I will accept
patches for sure.

We can also try to share vala-gen-project between your valaide and vtg.
May be we can create as simple convenience library and link it
statically in both projects...

> Just for my information, why this project is included in vtg and not
> independent?

This little project was written mainly by Jürg Billeter and it was
included in vtg around the release of vala 0.5.3 as you can see from
here:
http://blogs.gnome.org/juergbi/2008/12/17/vala-053/

Before vala 0.5.3 gen-project was distributed within the vala compiler
source packages.

Ciao,
Andrea

Nicolas Joseph

Dec 1, 2009, 9:10:42 AM12/1/09
to vtg-dev
> sorry for the late response but your email was catched by the evolution
> antispam filter.

Me too, sorry.

> >   * A function for set parameters without GUI (authors, mail, ...)
>
> There are already some command line options for this.

Yes, but what I saw, these options filling the fields in the dialog
box. It should be a way to bypass the dialog box.

> >   * List of licenses not hardcoded (issue #19)
> >   * Use adapter pattern for support more building systems (issue #38)
> >   * Support for source template
>
> > Do you agree that I proposed patches? I can start with common
> > proposals and we can discuss others later.
>
> These features are on my todo list from a long time so I will accept
> patches for sure.

Ok, It maybe better to continue the discussion on these topic in the
issues tracker?

> We can also try to share vala-gen-project between your valaide and vtg.
> May be we can create as simple convenience library and link it
> statically in both projects...

This maybe a good idea for improve the two projects together!