gedit 3.0 support

1 view

Julian Scheel

Apr 15, 2011, 7:31:00 AM4/15/11
to vtg-dev
Hi,

should gedit 3.0 be already working with latest vala-toys git?
I checked latest git out and switched into gedit-3.0 branch.
Compilation went fine, but after installing gedit does not see any new
plugins.
Actually plugin files seem to be installed into /usr/lib/gedit-2/
plugins, which seems not to be proper for gedit-3.0. But actually
copying them into /usr/lib/gedit/plugins does not improve the
situation.

Regards,
Julian

Andrea Del Signore

Apr 16, 2011, 7:24:32 AM4/16/11
to vtg-dev
Hi Julian,

I'm not sure that vala-toys still works with gedit 3.0, but it worked
for sure when I made the branch some weeks ago.

What do you have in /usr/lib/gedit/plugins ? If I recall correctly
gedit 3.0 doesn't like plugin config file with the old .gedit-plugin
extension, so try to rename vtg.gedit-plugin in vtg.plugin.

On a side note soon I'll release vtg 0.12 that will support gedit 3.0.

Best regards,
Andrea

Julian Scheel

Apr 22, 2011, 9:15:46 AM4/22/11
to vtg-dev
Hi Andrea,

On 16 Apr., 13:24, Andrea Del Signore <seje...@tin.it> wrote:
> I'm not sure that vala-toys still works with gedit 3.0, but it worked
> for sure when I made the branch some weeks ago.
>
> What do you have in /usr/lib/gedit/plugins ? If I recall correctly
> gedit 3.0 doesn't like plugin config file with the old .gedit-plugin
> extension, so try to rename vtg.gedit-plugin in vtg.plugin.

Thanks, actually moving the plugin files to /usr/lib/gedit/plugins and
renaming vtg.plugin made it working. At least syntax completion, etc.
What does not work yet is project support. Creating a new project
actually has no effect. I am not sure whether this is a gedit or vala
plugin issue, though.

> On a side note soon I'll release vtg 0.12 that will support gedit 3.0.

Looking forward to it!

Regards,
Julian