Linux on WM8505 V3 (USB stick instead of NAND)

Piotr Adamczyk

Feb 13, 2016, 2:57:39 PM2/13/16
to VT8500/WM8505 Linux Kernel
Hello! I am wondering if there is a way to install any linux distro on my machine (7 inch netbook). The main problem is that i don't have NAND soddered into mainboard, just USB stick plugged into internal header.

The only working piece of software i can find it here: http://www.4shared.com/get/s4ifiC43/wince_60_eng_for_wm8505_v3_req.html

I hope someone can help me with this little project. Thanks in advance!

Alexey Charkov

Feb 13, 2016, 3:14:43 PM2/13/16

On 13 Feb 2016 22:57, "Piotr Adamczyk" <adamczy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello! I am wondering if there is a way to install any linux distro on my machine (7 inch netbook). The main problem is that i don't have NAND soddered into mainboard, just USB stick plugged into internal header.

I think you should still be able to load mainline Linux from SD just the same way as on a NAND-based machine. You may also be able to then install it to the internal storage, as USB support should work fine on WM8505.

Have you tried any of the usual boot-from-SD methods?

Best,
Alexey

Piotr Adamczyk

Feb 13, 2016, 3:34:50 PM2/13/16
to VT8500/WM8505 Linux Kernel
Yes, i tried installing Debian from this tutorial: http://arm926ej-s.blogspot.com/2010/11/instalacja-dystrybucji-debian.html and it was just displaying loading bar for over 30 minutes Can you give me link to this linux distro?