Debian for WM8650??

Franco Palombo

Sep 10, 2021, 5:37:22 PM9/10/21
to VT8500/WM8505 Linux Kernel

I now have this WM8650 based netbook with 256MB of DDR3 ram, 4GB NAND flash and a 7inch WVGA display, and it really sucks with android 2.2, even using custom builds of it.

I know that there were a lot of different Linux distros "adapted" to work with this specific SoC, but most of them got lost.
I have access to a build of Debian sid, made by a guy named wicknix on slatedroid.com, but, for me it wont show any video. Only a bootscreen, and then all black. On the serial port I get this error: vgaarb: this pci device is not a vga device. Also, as the author says, its not very stable because it lacks a proper shutdown process, and so, it constantly triggers fsck every boot.

If anyone has or knows of any recent build of Debian that has working video and safe shutdown, please, share them with me, I really want to have Linux on this netbook.

Thanks.