toolchain/new rootfs

lautriv

Mar 30, 2015, 5:26:37 PM3/30/15
to vt8500-wm8505...@googlegroups.com

Hey there ;)

You may know any working or not working thing regarding development on wondermedia needs feedback
because whoever want to contribute, he needs to know the actual state ;)

Since debian moves to systemd which is abolutely a no-go i decided to merge all machines where i'm
responsible for to funtoo. (fork of gentoo, one of the last instances for a sane init ). This is also true
for my wondermedias where i like to invite you to test it.

This mail is not meant to be an advertisement for funtoo or my site but a common platform between
users and developers like Alexey ,Tony and several others with the simple common base of
Operating-System == Toolchain. Excluding misbehaviour of different kernel-versions, surrounding stuff
from the OS or simple configuration failures, may this way be clean enough to find more issues in less
time while exluding other causes.

Since i made the kernel multi-root capable on SD/USB/Network, one could easily switch in a wimp and
help us by either using or debugging anything that fails.

If you are interrested to participate in this attempt, feel free to visit

https://www.coldplug.net/node/15

for explanations and downloads of required kernel/bootscript/rootfs and even more, leave any kind of
feedback in the forum or here to improve those machines.
( Peoples with issues to register tell me, i had to be very restrictive because tons of spammers )

Regardless of your feedback, have fun ;)

Franco Palombo

Oct 19, 2021, 6:02:37 PM10/19/21
to VT8500/WM8505 Linux Kernel
Hey lautriv! I hope you're still using this account. Appearently your blog is dead (sad), but with the help of the wonderfull Wayback Machine, i was able to know thet you appearently made a "Rebirth" of your blog (https://web.archive.org/web/20161203011933/https://www.coldplug.net/rebirth). Sadly, the Wayback Machine didnt save that website before it got down. So, if you acually made a rebirth of you Blog, and it has OSs for the WM8650, could you please give me the link?

Thanks!