Automation estimation techniques

MADHU KUMAR

Aug 17, 2011, 11:32:27 PM8/17/11
to vsts-automa...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Can anyone please share the automation techniques if you have any?

--
Madhu A Kumar

Azad Husen

Aug 18, 2011, 1:07:56 AM8/18/11
to vsts-automa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Krmalini,
Can you plz send me some techniques of automation.
Thanks
Azad

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:01 AM, <krmal...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Yes I have some techniques,which I will send this weekend.

Malini

Sent from my BlackBerry® on Reliance Mobile, India's No. 1 Network. Go for it!

From: MADHU KUMAR <madhu...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:02:27 +0530
Subject: Automation estimation techniques

krmal...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2011, 1:22:53 AM8/18/11
to vsts-automa...@googlegroups.com
What techniques u need in automation?

Sent from my BlackBerry® on Reliance Mobile, India's No. 1 Network. Go for it!

From: Azad Husen <aza...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 11:07:56 +0600
Subject: Re: Automation estimation techniques

Azad Husen

Aug 18, 2011, 2:18:53 AM8/18/11
to vsts-automa...@googlegroups.com
Actually I am doing manual testing,dont know anything on automation.
I need basic techniques of automation

MADHU KUMAR

Aug 18, 2011, 4:38:01 AM8/18/11
to vsts-automa...@googlegroups.com
When we start automation for a piece of functionality on what basis we can estimate to design/develop the scripts, is there any technique or can be a process?
Madhu A Kumar

Mr. Anand

Aug 18, 2011, 4:54:30 AM8/18/11
to VSTS Automation Testing
Hi All,

How to do Automation Testing :

• Reuse of Tests : When a certain set of test scenarios require
frequent execution it makes more sense to automate them and reap the
benefits of unattended automated execution of test scripts.

• Another example will be in cases where a single script needs to be
executed with multiple data sets. In such cases the effort to automate
a single script and running it with multiple data sets is far less
than the manual execution effort for all those data sets.

• Time Save : Running unattended automated test scripts saves human
time as well as machine time than executing scripts manually.

• Better use of people : While automated scripts are running
unattended on machines, testers can do more useful tasks.

• Cost Saving : On test engagements requiring a lot of regression
testing, usage of automated testing reduces the people count and time
requirement to complete the engagement and helps reduce the costs.

• Machines are more reliable than humans : Great confidence will be
gained when a system is released, when we use automated testing . With
some approach instead fo just record and is playback , it becomes very
easy easy to maintain and update the scripts with newer releases or
changes done to the application. Also the degree of scripting gets
minimized as the resources working on the automation scripting mature
to successfully understand and develop some set of library for their
reusability.

• Selective testing : There should be an easy way to only test the
breadth of the application without doing a lot of depth testing. This
is to be used for stability testing of an application • There should
be an easy way to select test scenarios at a more granular level in
order set up more targeted regression.

• Recovery : If test script execution is stopped at any moment for any
reason, the test suite should be able to resume testing from that
point at any time later. We should not need to re-test functionality
that had passed earlier.

• Scalability : It should be possible to execute tests from different
machines at the same time in order to gain time efficiencies

More can be had at :

http://www.articlesontesting.com/p/automation-testing-framework-approach.html

On Aug 18, 8:32 am, MADHU KUMAR <madhuaku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Hi
>
> Can anyone please share the automation techniques if you have any?
> *
> --
> *Madhu A Kumar*

Vipul Gupta

Aug 18, 2011, 6:27:39 AM8/18/11
to vsts-automa...@googlegroups.com
#Testing - This thread talks about everything except "Automation Estimation Techniques"!

Regards
Vips

Aug 18, 2011, 7:08:52 AM8/18/11
to VSTS Automation Testing
I would try to post an excel sheet very soon, that may definitely give
some insights on the same.

On Aug 18, 3:27 pm, Vipul Gupta <vgu...@impetus.co.in> wrote:
> #Testing - This thread talks about everything except "Automation Estimation Techniques"!
>
> Regards
> Vips

MADHU KUMAR

Aug 23, 2011, 9:12:22 PM8/23/11
to vsts-automa...@googlegroups.com, vipl...@gmail.com
Hi, requesting you to please share the automation techniques

Madhu A Kumar

Message has been deleted