Re: Which method is better?

Message has been deleted

Animesh Chatterjee

Sep 1, 2011, 4:27:33 AM9/1/11
to vsts-automa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I think the second method is far meor acceptable as you have all controll over it.

Regards,
Animesh
On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Sean <sean...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I am confused by planning test method of my current project. My current project is developing a web service for other sites. And developers have created some test tools for generating test data by post/get from web services. Testers could check the database for verification/testing. I am asked to choose some process of  testing and make them automatic.

My first plan is invoking the web service directly and then using codes to check the database. But I think sparking the web service is reinventing wheels since the working methods are same. And the tools which created by developer are more easy and simple to be used.

My second plan is writing some codes to enhance the testing tools for automation. For example, automatically filling the required fields or some other values in text box. And then writing some codes to verify the data in database.Since the tools are developed by different sub team, and they would not provide source code and extensible interface. So I have to use MSAA or coded ui feature of VS for GUI automation  win form application.

Could you please give me some advice for this bored question. And sorry for my poor English.

Thanks
Sean