How To add-objects-in-uimapuitest-file-in CodedUi Testing

Mr. Anand

Jun 5, 2011, 10:30:12 PM6/5/11
to VSTS Automation Testing
How to add objects in the uimap.uitest that is the CodedUi Control map
file ?
Do you actually know how the automation testing proceeds in a
tool. It is very simple, we store the object's properties in some
repository files and as and when we need to do some operation on those
objects we identify those objects using some logical names that we
might choose on our own and then call specific events such as click
events to do the required operation.

For example we might have a sign out link available in the website
and our sole aim is to click the sign out link.

The way we can proceed is two:
1. It is simple record and playback approach and parameterise any data
that has been making the sign out link dependent on the logged in
user.
2. Just add the respective object in the repository file in coded ui
testing it is the uimap file. Then call the mouse.click event on that
particular object that is sign out object.

Now suppose the added object is sign out link we will be having below
outlined methodology.
Declare the object with its particular hierarchy order and then call
mouse.click event.

HtmlControl uiSignOutLink =
this.UIMap.HierarchyWindow.HierarchyFrame.uiSgnOutlink;
Mouse.click(uiSignOutLink , new POint(0,0));

For more log on to :
http://csesupport.blogspot.com/2011/06/add-objects-in-uimapuitest-file-in.html