NRT AIA synoptic images back in VSO

Joe Hourcle

Mar 21, 2011, 5:51:58 PM3/21/11
to vso...@googlegroups.com, vso...@googlegroups.com

You might start seeing AIA near real time 1024x1024 images showing up
today in searches.

I've set it up so that they'll only show up for searches when they're
within 7 days old, so we don't end up getting duplication once the fully
processed images are available.

You'll also notice that 'sampled' and 'time near' searches are now a
little bit different than how we had previously handled AIA searching --
if you don't specify a wavelength, it'll try to return one from each
wavelength, if it's available for that given time step.

(I just need to work out a little quirk ... if you're trying to get the
latest images, it'll only return the ones that match the latest time-step
available, which might not contain all of the images yet)

I'd also be interested in how people would like us to handle retrieval of
the images ... should we return the better processed images once we
determine that they're available? And if so, would you still expect them
to be 1024x1024 images, or should we return 4k images?

-Joe

-----
Joe Hourcle
Programmer/Analyst