RPC/literal endpoint is currently down.

Joe Hourcle

Jul 5, 2011, 12:00:03 PM7/5/11
to vso...@googlegroups.com

I've gotten a report that the RPC/literal endpoint running at NSO is down.
I'm trying to get more information about what's going on, as I don't
believe we have a copy of that code running on any other machine.

It's also the machine that was running 'docs.virtualsolar.org', so
retrieval of the WSDL file is going to fail first, if you're using a SOAP
client that retrieves it each time.

I'll let people know when it's back up, or if we've moved it to a new
location and people should re-fetch the WSDL file.

If you're running older software that still accepts RPC/encoded,
that interface is still up:

http://sdac.virtualsolar.org/API/sdacVSOi_strict.wsdl

(it doesn't advertise the same list of parameters, however, most
of 'em should work, so long as you can be lax on parsing the results)

-Joe

Joe Hourcle

Jul 5, 2011, 1:21:08 PM7/5/11
to Joe Hourcle, vso...@googlegroups.com

Igor's kicked their webserver, and it should be happy again. If it's
not, let me know.

And in light of this, I'm going to replicate the service at the SDAC,
so we can be highly available. (and maybe faster for the time
being, as the SDAC's bandwidth limitations means we're not also
processing the SDO data here)

-Joe