Please test rhabacker-find-SPIRV-packages branch

Robert Osfield

Oct 13, 2022, 7:11:38 AM10/13/22
to vsg-users : VulkanSceneGraph Developer Discussion Group
Hi All,

Ralf has come across problems with build under SUSE that he workaround with some changes to vsg_glslangConfig.cmake and created a PR for it:

I have merged directly as I'm concerned that we don't break the build on other platforms that have been working fine already.  The only way we can figure out whether it's safe to merge is to test it across platforms/build combinations, so I would really appreciate testing out in the community on Windows, macOS and various Linux variants.

I have created a rhabacker-find-SPIRV-packages branch to make it easy to test:

I have tested under Kubuntu 22.04 so Linux is probably OK, so Windows and macOS are the critical ones that I need help with.

Thanks in advance for your help in testing,
Robert.

Rainer Gericke

Oct 13, 2022, 12:51:31 PM10/13/22
to vsg-users : VulkanSceneGraph Developer Discussion Group
Hi Robert,

the build/configure process is fine on macOS and Windows 11. I could not find any malfunctions.

Best

Rainer

Robert Osfield

Oct 13, 2022, 1:36:27 PM10/13/22
to vsg-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 13 Oct 2022 at 17:51, Rainer Gericke <dr.ratz...@gmail.com> wrote:
the build/configure process is fine on macOS and Windows 11. I could not find any malfunctions.

Excellent news, thanks for the testing.  If now issues are reported by tomorrow I'll go ahead and merge with VSG master.

Robert Osfield

Oct 14, 2022, 5:23:39 AM10/14/22
to vsg-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 13 Oct 2022 at 18:36, Robert Osfield <robert....@gmail.com> wrote:
Excellent news, thanks for the testing.  If now issues are reported by tomorrow I'll go ahead and merge with VSG master.

I have merged this branch with VSG master.