Virual VulkanSceneGraph-1.0 Release Party

Robert Osfield

Nov 13, 2022, 6:09:52 AM11/13/22
to vsg-users : VulkanSceneGraph Developer Discussion Group
Hi All,

I have scheduled a 1hr Zoom call for 8pm GMT this evening, Sunday 13th Nov.

To join Zoom Meeting:

As long as no show stoppers appear today  that's when I'll tag 1.0.0 as well.  Everyone is welcome to attend.  I plan to record the session and post it to my youtube account if it looks suitable for sharing!

I would really appreciate hearing from others in the community on how you are using the VulkanSceneGraph and what your plans are. During the call I can hand over the mike/screenshare to folks that want to present their projects/work.  If you'd like to present something let me know beforehand  so I can have a rough idea of how to schedule the different speakers.

I look forward to meeting you all later today :-)

Robert.

Robert Osfield

Nov 13, 2022, 4:59:21 PM11/13/22
to vsg-users : VulkanSceneGraph Developer Discussion Group
Hi All,

Just finished the Zoom call, and mid way through ran the release script to officially tag VulkanSceneGraph-1.0.0, vsgXchange-1.0.0 and vsgExamples-1.0.0:

Also announced during call is vsgPoints, and open source library that renders large numbers of points (tested up to 450 million so far), it's very early days for this project so don't expect it to be feature rich at this point.

Thanks to everyone who's companies help fund development, engineers that have contributed code, fixes and time testing, and testing, testing. All invaluable and much appreciated :-)

Cheers,
Robert Osfield.
VulkanSceneGraph Project Lead

Sam

Nov 13, 2022, 5:08:07 PM11/13/22
to vsg-users : VulkanSceneGraph Developer Discussion Group
Congrats, Robert! Sorry I couldn't make the zoom call. Huge accomplishment!

Roland Hill

Nov 14, 2022, 2:25:32 AM11/14/22
to vsg-...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, Robert! It's a great achievement.

I remember a discussion in the OSG user email list many (many, many) years ago where you said that you had no intention of starting a scene graph project using Vulkan. We're all happy that you changed your mind🙂.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Regards,
Roland

Denis Taniguchi

Nov 14, 2022, 3:34:54 AM11/14/22
to vsg-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Robert,

Congratulations for this huge accomplishment Robert, and community!

Now I can update my CMakeList.txt to point to 1.0, which is great! :)

Cheers,

Denis

Don Burns

Nov 14, 2022, 1:36:39 PM11/14/22
to vsg-...@googlegroups.com
So sorry to have missed the launch party, Robert.  We would have loved to show Sierra running with vsg.

Chris Hanson

Nov 14, 2022, 2:05:10 PM11/14/22
to vsg-...@googlegroups.com
Congrats on the release!

Sorry I missed the party. I was out doing yard work in preparation for winter. Insert Game Of Thrones Quote here. ;)

Rob McDonald

Nov 14, 2022, 6:01:56 PM11/14/22
to vsg-users : VulkanSceneGraph Developer Discussion Group
New to VSG, still just a lurker here.  Couldn't make the release party -- short notice.  But congratulations Robert and anyone else who has contributed!

I would love to see a page with videos, screenshots, and links to projects using VSG.  Hopefully there is a way to capture what was missed.

Rob