VK_EXT_mesh_shader development for VSG-1.0?

Robert Osfield

Sep 1, 2022, 9:44:01 AM9/1/22
to vsg-users : VulkanSceneGraph Developer Discussion Group
Hi All,

Khronos have made progress with the VK_EXT_mesh_shader extension development that will provide a vendor neutral mesh shader extension to replace the VK_NV_mesh_shader extension associated with NVidia RTX hardware. The Kronos blog article about this work:

I would have loved to dive and port the VSG's VK_NV_mesh_shader code across but as I have a bust right arm I am no position to take on another challenge, so... This is the perfect opportunity for members of the community to pitch in and help port the VSG's existing Mesh shader code to VK_EXT_mesh_shader extension.

The existing mesh shader classes can be found at:

The mesh shader example is very "primitive" but can be found here:

If you can help out let us know and we can coordinate between us how to tackle it.

OK, that's enough typing time for to rest!

Cheers,
Robert.