myfirstvsgapplicaton.exe entry point not found error

Brandon Backes

Aug 27, 2022, 9:29:06 PM8/27/22
to vsg-users : VulkanSceneGraph Developer Discussion Group
Hi, I compiled myfirstvsgapplication without errors but when i attempt to run it, I get error.jpg

Robert Osfield

Aug 28, 2022, 2:07:38 AM8/28/22
to vsg-...@googlegroups.com
You are the first to report this issue so can't provide any specific advice yet.

What version of Vulkan so do you have on your system?

What version of Vulkan SDK/headers did you build against?

What hardware do you?

Have you successfully run any other Vulkan programs?

Brandon Backes

Aug 28, 2022, 11:27:11 AM8/28/22
to vsg-users : VulkanSceneGraph Developer Discussion Group
My Vulkan sdk is 1.3.216.0. BUILD_SHARED_LIBS is not checked. The cmake flags use MD. CMAKE_MT is CMAKE_MT-NOTFOUND but in the cmake configuration for the vsg project it was found. The CMAKE_STATIC_LINKER_FLAGS variants are blank except for /machinex64. My video driver is also out of date. It seems like the cmake file for MyFirstVsgApplication is trying to use shared libs even though that option is not enabled. And for some reason this cmake file can't find MT.exe while many other cmake files can. Hmm, VSG_Examples also fails to find CMAKE_MT.

I have an old NVIDIA GeForce GT 650m on my dev laptop.

This is the first vulkan program I have tried on this computer. I will look for another to test.

Robert Osfield

Aug 28, 2022, 12:26:22 PM8/28/22
to vsg-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brandom,

A quick search online suggests this GPU is around 10 years old so it might not be supported by NVidia Vulkan drivers.

I think it would be best to look at drivers and any standard Vulkan test programs to see if they work. If they work then you could look further on the VSG side.

If there isn;t hardware drivers that support Vulkan on your machine then potentially Mesa software drivers might work.

Good luck,
Robert.

Brandon Backes

Sep 1, 2022, 10:35:10 PM9/1/22
to vsg-users : VulkanSceneGraph Developer Discussion Group
Yes, my GPU is a bit old. Interestingly, I had to work on some other stuff for a few days. when I run the program now it works.  I just left the laptop running for a couple days and suddenly it works.  I will need to figure out the cmake_mt nt found thing eventually but for now this is good.