TAU - comparison window

Shin01

Jul 8, 2010, 7:14:51 PM7/8/10
to VSCSE Petascale Programming 2010
I missed the scalability test using the comparison window. How does
one open the comparison window on Tau?

Kent Milfeld

Jul 8, 2010, 7:30:36 PM7/8/10
to vscse-petascale-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
   I haven't used this feature, and am using a mac with a right click--- but here is what the manual states:

Comparative analysis in ParaProf is based on individual threads of execution. There is a maximum of one Comparison window for a given ParaProf session. To add threads to the window, right click on them and select "Add Thread to Comparison Window". The Comparison Window will pop up with the thread selected. Note that "mean" and "std. dev." are considered threads for this any most other purposes.

Kent

Shin01

Jul 8, 2010, 7:51:30 PM7/8/10
to VSCSE Petascale Programming 2010
Thank you very much!

Kent Milfeld

Jul 8, 2010, 8:03:36 PM7/8/10
to vscse-petascale-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

  I believe that you have to click on the Experiment Subdirectory-- right above the green balls in the Manager window ("Tau-PROFILE_BNL..." in the figure below):

You will see a list.  Click on the “Add Mean to Comparison Window”, and a comparison window will pop up.

Best,

Kent

Kent

Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC), www.tacc.utexas.edu

The University of Texas -- What Starts Here Changes The World