Are our accounts on ac.ncsa.uiuc.edu suspended?

Jerry Z Xue

Aug 15, 2010, 4:44:16 PM8/15/10
to VSCSE Many-core Processors 2010
I remember during the course Wen-mei mentioned that our account for
the many-core summer school course will last till Aug. 16th. Since I
forgot to copy one of the kernels files that I wrote for lab1, I tried
to access ac for the last two days, but unfortunately, I cannot log on
to it. So, does that mean all our accounts on ac suspended and all
files deleted ?

Tom Scavo

Aug 15, 2010, 5:25:32 PM8/15/10
to vscse-many-core...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Jerry Z Xue <zxue....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I remember during the course Wen-mei mentioned that our account for
> the many-core summer school course will last till Aug. 16th.

That is correct. The accounts will be deactivated at COB on Monday, August 16.

> Since I
> forgot to copy one of the kernels files that I wrote for lab1, I tried
> to access ac for the last two days, but unfortunately, I cannot log on
> to it.

Can you give more detail what happens when you try to login to ac?

> So, does that mean all our accounts on ac suspended and all
> files deleted ?

No, not until tomorrow.

Tom

Tom Scavo

Aug 15, 2010, 5:40:36 PM8/15/10
to vscse-many-core...@googlegroups.com
I just found out what's going with the AC compute system. There is a
cooling outage in the building that houses AC, which has forced a
shutdown of the system. The sysadmins are hoping to have AC restored
by noon on Monday. This should give you enough time to grab your files
before the accounts are deactivated at the end of the day.

Tom

Jerry Z Xue

Aug 15, 2010, 6:46:06 PM8/15/10
to VSCSE Many-core Processors 2010