Information about the middle layers of BioVLAB

1 view

Jong

Jul 29, 2010, 6:15:23 PM7/29/10
to VSCSE Big Data for Science 2010, Marlon Pierce, Suresh Marru
Hi everyone,

This is follow-up information for Prof. Kim's talk today. BioVLAB is
using OGCE toolkit as middleware and you can find more information
from http://www.collab-ogce.org/ogce/index.php/Main_Page. The OGCE
"All" version is the preferred release. Project members are happy to
help set things up, so please feel free to contact to Marlon Pierce
(mpierce at cs.indiana.edu) and Suresh Marru (smarru at
cs.indiana.edu) for any question or assistance.

Thanks,
Jong

Prakashan Korambath

Jul 29, 2010, 6:31:49 PM7/29/10
to vscse-big-data-...@googlegroups.com, Marlon Pierce, Suresh Marru
I am aware of this grid portal.  I was thinking during the discussion a portal where how to build cloud images and deploying is also mentioned.   Can we get that web link as well?  Or I haven't navigated enough through this link?  Thanks.

Disclaimer:

Our UC Grid team is also working on a cloud portal but our NSF grant submission to expand our UC grid portal to cloud portal didn't get funded unfortunately. ( NSF didn't think we were capable of doing it or our project is worthy to be funded :-) ) So we are kind of slow in building it and release for public usage.

Prakashan

Judy Qiu

Jul 29, 2010, 10:22:48 PM7/29/10
to vscse-big-data-...@googlegroups.com, Marlon Pierce, Suresh Marru

The OGCE is portal software, not a specific portal.  Sun Kim's group has used the GFAC service to manage EC2 images and also to manage applications within an EC2 image itself.  This can be done with off-the-shelf versions of the software.  Suresh will be giving a talk about the details of how to do this at TG10 next week as part of the  tutorial on Cloud Technologies, Data Intensive Science and the TeraGrid (Monday, 8-noon). We are in the 10-30-12:00 section.

We also have a TeraGrid tutorial on OGCE tools, including XBaya mentioned by Sun Kim today, Monday 1:00-5:00.

Marlon