[VSAONLINE] Denis Kleyko. May 29, 20:00 GMT

Evgeny Osipov

May 25, 2023, 2:40:47 AM5/25/23
to vsacom...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Welcome to the next webinar on Vector-Symbolic Architectures.  Denis Kleyko from RISE, Sweden will present a talk
"Efficient Decoding of Compositional Structure in Holistic Representations"

Please put the date in your calendars.

Date: May 29, 2023
Time: 20:00 GMT
Zoom: https://ltu-se.zoom.us/j/65564790287

Welcome!

Evgeny

--
Professor Evgeny Osipov
Luleå University of Technology

Evgeny...@ltu.se

Evgeny Osipov

May 29, 2023, 3:12:54 PM5/29/23
to 'Evgeny Osipov' via VSACommunity
A gentle reminder about VSAONLINE by Denis Kleyko.
See you in 50 minutes.
Evgeny

On 25 May 2023, at 08:40, 'Evgeny Osipov' via VSACommunity <vsacom...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Dear all,

Evgeny Osipov

Jun 9, 2023, 10:17:48 AM6/9/23
to vsacom...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Time flies and the Spring Season on the VSAONLINE comes to its end. We will end this season with a hybrid online and physical (25 participants of MIDNIGHTVSA workshop in Luleå, Sweden) event on THURSDAY, JUNE 15th at 20:00GMT. Similarly to the last webinar of the winter session we will have an open mic session.

The topic for this event is HD/VSA as a scientific/engineering discipline

Please read the description below for the proposed agenda!

After more than three decades of active research on HD/VSA there are strong indicators of their unique place within the AI landscape. A whole generation of PhDs have graduated with HD/VSA at the heart of their projects. There are several high-profile academic projects, which have been going over the past few years. We see an emergence of stable constellations of researchers all over the world focusing on different aspects of HD/VSA. In other words, HD/VSA is on its way to become a discipline of its own within the AI landscape.

However, several challenges need to be addressed in order to make HD/VSA to be a discipline that is both accepted and recognized by other communities as well as being attractive for a new generation of researchers. These challenges, as we see, come along several dimensions:
1. How to make HD/VSA attractive for academic and industrial employers?
a. What unique skills do researchers trained within HD/VSA posses?
b. How these skills are matched to the ones that are common within the todays mainstream AI?
2. How to make HD/VSA attractive for the newcomers - undergraduate students, graduate students, postdocs, and researchers from other disciplines?
a. Pre-requisite skills?
b. A clear career path including the guidelines on the publication track?
c. Why bother at all? – the selling point
3. How to make HD/VSA attractive to and understood by other disciplines, e.g., from the applications point of view?
4. What are these OTHER disciplines, which would benefit from or be beneficial to HD/VSA?
a. Neuroscience?
b. Deep learning?
c. Material science?
d. Electrical engineering?
e. Neuromorphic computing?
f. Cognitive science?
g. Computer science?
h. Robotics?
i. What else?
5. What kind of outreach activities (in addition to ongoing webinars, website, community workshops, tutorials on conferences for other communities) are needed? What are the relevant conferences to be present on?

Please put the date in your calendars.

Date: June 15, 2023

Evgeny Osipov

Aug 18, 2023, 4:26:11 AM8/18/23
to vsacom...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Welcome to Fall 2023 season of VSAONLINE webinar series. We have prepared an exciting program until Christmas, please check the current scheduler here:

https://sites.google.com/view/hdvsaonline/fall-2023

Please put the dates in your calendars. Please volunteer to present or send suggestions on two currently vacant slots October 30th and November 27th.

The first webinar of the season is given by Tony Plate. Check the title and the abstract on the webpage.

Date: September 11, 2023

Evgeny Osipov

Sep 5, 2023, 4:14:27 AM9/5/23
to vsacom...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

Welcome to Fall 2023 season of VSAONLINE webinar series. We have prepared an exciting program with all the slots filled until Christmas! You can find the current schedule here (PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE AS THE PREVIOUS ADDRESS IS NOT VALID ANYMORE):

https://sites.google.com/view/hdvsaonline/fall-2023

Please put the dates in your calendars.

Evgeny Osipov

Sep 11, 2023, 3:07:51 PM9/11/23
to vsacom...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
Here is a reminder about VSAONLINE webinar, which begins in less than an hour.
Welcome!

Evgeny

Date: September 11, 2023
Time: 20:00 GMT