[VSAONLINE] Monday 4/10 20:00GMT Michael Hersche

Evgeny Osipov

Oct 1, 2021, 5:18:25 AM10/1/21
to vsacom...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

It’s time for our regular webinar on VSA again. Michael Hersche will present on October 4/10 at 20:00 GMT.

Near-channel Classifier: Symbiotic Communication and Classification in High-dimensional Space

In this talk, we propose to combine channel coding, source coding, and ML classification into a single unified layer by exploiting multifaceted hyperdimensional representations. First, we propose methods to improve hyperdimensional modulation (HDM) in two ways: 1) reducing the complexity of encoding and decoding operations by generating, manipulating, and transmitting bipolar or integer vectors instead of complex vectors; 2) increasing the SNR gain by 0.2dB using a new soft-feedback decoder; it can also increase the additive superposition capacity of HD vectors up to 1.7x in noise-free cases. Secondly, we propose to combine data encoding/decoding aspects of communication with classification into a single framework by relying on multifaceted HD representations. This leads to a near-channel classification (NCC) approach that avoids transformations between different representations and the overhead of multiple layers of encoding/decoding, hence reducing latency and complexity of a wireless smart distributed system while providing robustness against noise and interference from other nodes.

USE THIS LINK TO ACCESS THE WEBINAR:
https://ltu-se.zoom.us/j/65564790287

Regards,
Evgeny

--
Professor Evgeny Osipov

Dependable Communication and Computation Systems

Department of Computer Science
Electrical and Space Engineering
Luleå University of Technology