Hey Guys! We are excited to announce the BETA version of Weelco.

tanya - cube

Dec 15, 2016, 10:25:56 AM12/15/16
to VR Geeks
Weelco is the latest step in VR world. Only with your help we can find out our highs and lows.

Fill out the form to show us those pesky bugs!

Jan Ciger

Dec 15, 2016, 10:35:38 AM12/15/16
to vr-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

And welcome to the group.

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 4:07 PM, tanya - cube <taany...@gmail.com> wrote:
Weelco is the latest step in VR world. Only with your help we can find out our highs and lows.

Um, since when do 360 videos count as a "VR world"? I have always assumed that interactivity (= being able to act on the world beyond turning the head and shutting it down) is mandatory, otherwise it is cinema, not virtual reality. This is pretty much the consensus everywhere except among companies trying to sell their 360 video platforms, for whatever reason :(

Perhaps I am too pedantic, but this trying to sell video as VR is doing a disservice to both 360 videos (which don't get their proper niche/creative genre if they are lumped together with VR) and virtual reality (which lay people will confuse with non-interactive videos and then be disappointed).

It would also help your message if your website actually included what is different from the other, competing 360 video platforms/services. Why should we use yours?

All the best,

Jan