MODAL VR

Lorne Covington

Oct 15, 2016, 10:37:59 PM10/15/16
to vr-g...@googlegroups.com

Anybody know anything about this? Nolan Bushnell is back in the game.
Up to 10 user wireless large area VR with optional full body tracking:

http://www.modalvr.com/

If this really works, I want one! (But probably can't afford one...)

- Lorne

--

http://noirflux.com

Jan Ciger

Oct 16, 2016, 10:21:29 AM10/16/16
to vr-g...@googlegroups.com
From what I have seen, he is targeting pro users. I don't see why it
couldn't work - you can assemble a similar system from off-the-shelf
components already. It won't be cheap, though (mainly the tracking and
the computers for each HMD).

I am not quite sure whether he streams video to the HMDs or whether it
is more a backpack type solution - no video nor pictures I have seen so
far were showing an actual working setup.

J.

signature.asc