using scene.resizable

Louis King

Feb 28, 2024, 6:32:49 PMFeb 28
to VPython-users
All I must be doing something really obvious to the casual observe.

for some reason I can't get  "scene.resizable = False" to work. Everything else works as expected (userspin, userpan). However, with resizable = False has no effect and the mouse zooms the browser in and out. I really wish it did not.
suggestions?

Louis King

Feb 28, 2024, 6:35:42 PMFeb 28
to VPython-users
Sorry using vpython 7.6.5b3, Python 3.12, with PyCharm and FireFox

Bruce Sherwood

Feb 28, 2024, 11:22:11 PMFeb 28
to VPython-users
The problem is that there is not yet a version of the vpython module for Python 3.12, though this is being worked on and should be available soon.

From the installation information at vpython.org:

Using VPython with installed Python

We recommend installing the Anaconda Python distribution.

The vpython module currently works with Python versions 3.8, 3.9, and 3.10.

The 3D displays are rendered by WebGL in a browser window. For details, see
    https://vpython.org/contents/VPythonArchitecture.pdf

The vpython module is available using
     "conda install -c vpython vpython" or
     "conda install -c conda-forge vpython" or
     "conda install -c conda-forge/label/cf202003 vpython" or
     "pip install vpython"

To update to later versions of vpython use
     "conda update -c vpython vpython" or
     "pip install -U vpython"

Louis King

Feb 28, 2024, 11:47:34 PMFeb 28
to VPython-users
well that explains it. and a fix. ;thanks