Cannot load sources

Curtis Osborne

May 21, 2019, 8:44:37 AM5/21/19
to VPT forum
Hello all, I am brand new to VPT8 and I a having trouble with initial set up.  Running on Windows 7 and I can add a layer, but when I attempt to add a source for video the drop down does not see to work.  I can see that its looking to "default' for the source location and have verified there are multiple files in the defaultproject/video folder.

Ideas?

Jeff Linhorst

Sep 21, 2019, 10:57:00 AM9/21/19
to VPT forum
I have the same issue, except with win10.  did you ever find a solution?

Cine Teatro IFF Itaperuna

Oct 8, 2019, 6:15:19 PM10/8/19
to VPT forum
That's the same problem I'm facing today, did you fix it? how?

liquid steve

Oct 22, 2019, 5:48:15 PM10/22/19
to VPT forum
Im having the same problem with VPT 8 and windows 10..anyone figure this out yet?

liquid steve

Oct 31, 2019, 7:22:02 PM10/31/19
to VPT forum
I figured out the problem. I had to change all my video files to quicktime. Now that sounds easy but windows 10 does not support quicktime. There is a good hack that can get you quicktime to instal on windows 10 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymt8ygPy1CU. once I got quicktime to install and load, and changed the video preferences to quicktime, the sources showed up in the VPT module and were accessible through the drop down menu.. happy mapping all

liquid steve

Oct 31, 2019, 8:15:25 PM10/31/19
to VPT forum
I forgot to mention. This quicktime fix only worked in VPT 7. VPT 8 didnt work.

Bengt Rahm

Oct 21, 2020, 3:59:36 AM10/21/20
to VPT forum
I have the very same problem (running VPT8 on an iMac, OS 10.14.5). Anyone who found a solution?

Thanks!

Bengt Rahm

Oct 21, 2020, 4:02:55 AM10/21/20
to VPT forum
Ok. Opened default project and then It works. Sorry... :)