Videos very slow when I used seval layers

Carmelo Sacca'

Sep 24, 2019, 6:18:56 AM9/24/19
to VPT forum
Dear All,

       I tried to use the VPT8 with my MAC Laptop OS-Sierra Mac air 2012 4gb ram.
My test was the mp4 loop video(it wasn't  FFmeg) using one layer only. No issue.
I repeated the test using two layer with some loop video and they were slow, sometimes they stopped during play.

If I tried again with only one loop no issue occurred more.
Also I tried to use two example video delivered by VPT software and no issue.

My question is? It depend from software or Video?
Could be my laptop reference?

Best Regards for your support
Carmelo

TheSenseof Summer

Dec 11, 2020, 2:37:18 AM12/11/20
to VPT forum
Hi,
I am having the same problem but I run this on Mac Catalina. Do you finally found the answer to this issue or a way to work around it?
Thank you very much.

Summer

Rob Shawver

Dec 13, 2020, 8:11:21 PM12/13/20
to vpt-...@googlegroups.com
It’s most likely not a software or OS problem but rather a hardware problem. Video mapping programs are very taxing on a computer system.  If you don’t have high capacity CPU, GFX cards and RAM you’re a going to get sluggish videos especially when running multiple layers.

Thank you,

Rob Shawver
Rob Shawver Designs, LLC