VPT8 MIDI issues

Cristian B

Feb 17, 2021, 9:50:43 AM2/17/21
to VPT forum
Hello

I'm evaluating VPT 8 for usage in live shows. Sorry if my questions are simple for you but I can't solve self, nor by searching the other posts in this forum, nor by try & error.

System: Windows 10, i7 CPU, 32GB RAM, NVidia GForce 2060 with OpenGL 4.6; Dual Monitor display, Monitor 1 ( 1680x1050px) Monitor 2 ( 1980x1080 px)

Issue: MIDI don't trigger cues as expected

basic example
F 2 3 2 +
D 1
C 1
F 3 2 2 +
D 0.200
F 2 3 2 +
D 0.200
F 3 2 2 +
L 4
end

MIDI set to trigger cue 1

Incoming MIDI data ok; sometimes VPT jump to cue 1 most of time not. No matter play, edit mode, looks random. e.g. I would expect that if VPT is running the cue loop starting at line 4, any time a MIDI trigger to jump to cue 1 will force to play from cue 1. This not happens. Also not happens if playback stopped, or what ever. random times happens..

Second issues: ho to restrict the MIDI channel to a specific channel, actually is OMNI mode...

Router settings seems to be not stored per project or preset and lost every time I close VPT , but this needs more investigation.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Cristian