3 Hr long playlist - how the hell?

Stephen Scanlan

Oct 25, 2020, 10:13:33 AM10/25/20
to VPT forum
Hi everyone, Tonight I'm doing a Halloween window projection using several AtmosFX clips in a playlist. I cannot for the life of me work out how to make this run for the full 3 hours as as far as I can see, you only get 8 video choices and I need way more than that.

I have looked at clips, playlists etc but nothing seems to work. I would love some insight on how best to create a 3 hour presentation consisting of 30sec to 6 minute clips. Thanks

Stephen

hc

Oct 26, 2020, 5:20:41 AM10/26/20
to VPT forum
Hi,
I think you are confusing individual video clips and video source. Each video source refers to a folder of videos. https://nervousvision.com/VPT8documentation/index.html#sources
if you want to use the playlist function for 1video for instance each number in the playlist refers to a clip in the folder that is associated with 1video. So this folder can contain as many videos as you like. You set the cross fade time in the 1video section, and in the playlist you just write 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 etc

HC

Stephen Scanlan

Oct 26, 2020, 6:22:00 AM10/26/20
to VPT forum
Thanks, that makes more sense although I can't get it to work. I've been over the manual again and still cannot make head nor tails of the steps. I have 1 layer at the minute, copied files into the default directory and all videos show in a list - allocated to 1Video and also 2Video. I have enabled Mix and added numbers to the playlist contained in the clips tab and now I'm stuck.

Sorry for the brain drain :)