VPEC-T and complementary lenses

Richard Veryard

Sep 30, 2009, 11:52:27 AM9/30/09
to VPEC-T
I just tried an experiment using VPEC-T together with a second lens.
The second lens in this instance was RSI, which stands for Real-
Symbolic-Imaginary. I wanted to try using this lens to help me think
about Meaning.

What I found was that using the two lenses together gave me a whole
set of additional insights on a complex problem.

http://demandingchange.blogspot.com/2009/09/look-but-dont-touch.html

I'd like to know what anyone else thinks

1) about the content of the analysis itself
2) about the way I've put the two lenses together

nigelp...@googlemail.com

Oct 1, 2009, 3:04:37 AM10/1/09
to VPEC-T
I like the use of two lenses and see this as a good example of a VPEC-
T MEANING Use Pattern. To bring this further to life and complete the
Use Pattern, what would you see as the outcomes of this analysis and
how is it different/better than other approaches? Is there an anti-
pattern?

This has prompted me to think of a similar TRANSFORMATION Use Pattern
where the Columns would be AS-IS, TO-BE and TRANSFORM. The outcome
might be a set of guiding principles, risks. I need to think about how
this might differ and what the anti-pattern is. Any ideas?

Richard Veryard

Oct 1, 2009, 3:48:46 AM10/1/09
to VPEC-T
I also like the TRANSFORMATION use pattern, but could I suggest a
slight refinement of the three columns: AS-IS, TO-BE and TIME-TO-
CHANGE. TIME-TO-CHANGE allows us to think about the decision/
hesitation, the haste/delay, as well as the natural evolutionary and
learning processes associated with change.

Not sure what you mean by an anti-pattern in this context.

nigelp...@googlemail.com

Oct 1, 2009, 7:26:42 AM10/1/09
to VPEC-T
Re:Anti-pattern - A way we might've tried to achieve the same result
in the past or 'Bad Habit' that we're in that has proven to not work.

I like the added column to TRANSFORMATION. Could we start to build a
Use Pattern repository somewhere - could this be a service of the Next
Practice Institute?
n.