Wikipedia article

1 view

Roy Grubb

Sep 13, 2009, 11:43:49 AM9/13/09
to VPEC-T
I authored a Wikipedia aticle on VPEC-T - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VPEC-T
- with some advice from Richard Veryard and another WP editor normxxx
both of whom have notable WP articles to their names in somewhat
related areas. This went live on 13th August after a period
requesting comments on my Talk page.

Today an editor has added a challenge on notability, looking for
reliable secondary sources. Myself I felt that Computerworld,
Forbes.com and University of Greenwhich were reliable, secondary
sources about the topic.

The problem I found is that when VPEC-T is used in solving a notable
business problem, getting permission to have the results picked over
in public is next to impossible.

Is anyone in this group able to provide additional material or sources
relating to uses of VPEC-T and meeting Wikipedia's notability
guidelines - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notability_in_Wikipedia ?

Thanks

Roy

Roy Grubb

Sep 24, 2009, 3:26:48 AM9/24/09
to VPEC-T
Just to close the loop, the editor raising the question of notability
has said that the issues have now been resolved, with improved
references both in terms of the reliability of the secondary sources,
and the citing template used.

Roy