Yet another notation / method?

1 view

Adrian Apthorp

Jan 6, 2009, 12:38:12 PM1/6/09
to VPEC-T
Wonder if anyone has come across Howard Smith's latest venture.

http://www.southbeachinc.com/index.html

It seems to me that VPEC-T concepts can be applied here (and to
TRIZ??) and with greater insight in to why things might or might not
need improving.

smi...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2009, 6:28:57 AM2/27/09
to VPEC-T
I would see be VPEC-T as being an excellent framework for using in the
development of a Southbeach model.
What might not be apparent from the latest release, is that in the
near future, Southbeach Notation tools will come with Scripting
capability, allowing models such as VPEC-T will be encoded as 'working
practice knowledge' This knowledge can be applied to a Southbeach
Situational model - generating insights, questions, outputs. I've
written about similar things, but in less complex frameworks, in the
trizmethods blog. The Southbeach software is the realization of that
vision. For example, management consultants use many simple practices
to develop models, e.g. SWOT, six hats, 9boxes, etc. Each of these
'creativity' models can be encoded in Southbeach scripts, and applied
to any Southbeach model to generate directions for innovation, problem
solving or situational improvement. While VPEC-T is a far more complex
framework for sure, it is essentially a set of questions to ask, and
these can be stated, in English, using sb Script - allowing for
interactive exploration of a situation.
---Howard Smith