[OILCO] [VPEC-T] Contractual agreements and trust

Richard Veryard

Sep 30, 2012, 10:23:06 AM9/30/12
to vpe...@googlegroups.com
Following an interesting presentation on the Oil Industry at the Unicom EA Forum by Mesbah Khan, I posted a brief summary of the case on my blog. Among other things, I mentioned the possibility of using VPEC-T to take Mesbah's example further. This possibility has been challenged by a comment on my blog, asking for further examples. I thought members of the VPEC-T group might be interested in helping answer this challenge.

http://rvsoapbox.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/beyond-multiview.html

One of the interesting features of Mesbah's example is a fairly elaborate superstructure of contracts and subcontracts, whose existence is necessitated by the fact that the parties don't fully trust one another - and shouldn't be expected to. So an analysis of the trust issues helps to explain, improve and perhaps re-specify what we might call the contract architecture.

Has anyone looked at VPEC-T for this kind of purpose?