campanha da Electronic Frontier Foundation - EFF a favor da impressão do voto nos EUA

augusto....@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2018, 3:16:29 AM8/25/18
to VotoEletronico
Olá.

A Electronic Frontier Foundation - EFF está veiculando a seguinte campanha, a favor da inclusão em projeto de lei da obrigatoriedade da impressão do voto nas urnas, nas eleições dos Estados Unidos.

A healthy democracy begins with making sure every vote gets counted. A bill that would have promoted secure voting machines across the country had a promising start, but now has been watered down to the point of worthlessness. It’s time to tell the Senate that we know what real election security looks like—and that it can’t wait any longer.

Here’s the problem: too many states are using voting machines that don’t have verifiable paper backups. Those machines need to be replaced as soon as possible. Second, we need a solid auditing system that doesn’t just kick in during emergencies. Any serious election security bill should include “risk-limiting” audits, which are the gold standard for election auditing.

Right now, the Senate is debating the Secure Elections Act, S. 2593. But both of those critical measures—paper backups and risk-limiting audits—have been stripped out. The Senate needs to amend S. 2593 to include both of those components, or the bill should be rejected.

There’s no time to waste. In recent years, malicious hacking attacks have occurred during elections in the U.S., Latin America, and Europe. Secure elections are the cornerstone of our democracy, and it starts with making sure each vote is secure and verifiable. Old-fashioned paper and regular audits—not fancy machines—are the way to do it.

Take Action
Tell your senators to pass a strong election security bill

Thank you,

Elliot Harmon
Activism Team
Electronic Frontier Foundation