Can we use private datasets for VOT2023 challenge?

lawpdas

Apr 14, 2023, 5:28:15 AM4/14/23
to VOT Challenge technical support
Can we use private datasets for model training? Or the private dataset is prohibited?
Can we use the recent AI model (e.g. Segment Anything Model) for the challenge?

luka.c...@gmail.com

May 16, 2023, 3:58:52 AM5/16/23
to VOT Challenge technical support
Generally you can, but we need a quick discussion internally to set the correct and clear boundary, I will elaborate my answer soon.

luka.c...@gmail.com

May 16, 2023, 9:58:01 AM5/16/23
to VOT Challenge technical support
The position of the VOTS organizers is that everything that you use should be somehow public for the sake of reproducibility. Either the datasets are available and can be used to train the models, or a foundational model is public and can be used. So I have to retract my previous statement a bit, private datasets are not allowed if they and the trained model will remain hidden. You can get more details here: https://votchallenge.net/vots2023/participation.html