vot dataset license

Jianing Wei

May 4, 2021, 5:39:40 PM5/4/21
to VOT Challenge technical support
Hi,

What's the license for the dataset in past VOT challenges? I can't seem to find a license on the VOT website.

Thanks,
Jianing

luka.c...@gmail.com

May 11, 2021, 4:43:41 AM5/11/21
to VOT Challenge technical support
The raw sequences do not have any specific license, similarly to other CV datasets they are a collage of Internet "collection", previously existing datasets and personal archives. The annotations, however, could have a license. We will update the website once this is determined. Do you have a specific use case that is problematic in the current legal uncertainty?

Jianing Wei

May 14, 2021, 11:34:15 AM5/14/21
to VOT Challenge technical support
I'm wondering if the dataset is available for commercial use, or for academic research only.

luka.c...@gmail.com

May 19, 2021, 3:26:36 AM5/19/21
to VOT Challenge technical support
This is the first time that we have encountered this question, I would assume that people are using all sorts of datasets to train non-oss models since it is difficult to prove what data was used during training. I will ask other organizers if they have any thoughts on this.