When doing an IbI process conbining with LAMMPS, can I use LJ units in lammps?

Ran Zhao

Sep 5, 2023, 10:25:32 PM9/5/23
to votca
Dear all:

As discussed in VOTCA manual, VOTCA requires all input and output files to be in scaled units. Scaled units are a way of expressing the physical quantities in a dimensionless form.

However, my research topic requires using unscaled units, so I must set units to lj in lammps.in files.

Can I  tell VOTCA to use dimensionless units to calculate potentials and iterate them?

Best,
Boran Zhao

Christoph Junghans

Sep 6, 2023, 12:28:17 AM9/6/23
to vo...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 5, 2023 at 8:25 PM Ran Zhao <ranzh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all:
>
> As discussed in VOTCA manual, VOTCA requires all input and output files to be in scaled units. Scaled units are a way of expressing the physical quantities in a dimensionless form.
Sorry, where in the manual does it say that?

> However, my research topic requires using unscaled units, so I must set units to lj in lammps.in files.
>
> Can I tell VOTCA to use dimensionless units to calculate potentials and iterate them?
VOTCA thinks it reads AA from the lammps trajectory file and then writes nm.
But of course, you can trick it into reading in any units, you will
just have to scale the output accordingly.

Christoph

> Best,
> Boran Zhao
>
> --
> Join us on Slack: https://join.slack.com/t/votca/signup
> ---

Christoph Junghans
Web: http://www.compphys.de

Ran Zhao

Sep 6, 2023, 2:03:05 AM9/6/23
to votca
Thanks for your kind and helpful reply, I will try further according to your guidance.

Best,
Boran Zhao

Ran Zhao

Sep 6, 2023, 2:07:18 AM9/6/23
to votca
I'm sorry that my expression was not accurate. The first sentence I said did not appear in the manual, but rather as a summary after reading various examples myself. If this has caused you any trouble or misunderstanding, please accept my apologies.

在2023年9月6日星期三 UTC+8 12:28:17<Christoph Junghans> 写道: