reading tpx file (topol.tpr) version 122 with version 119 program

shu zong

Nov 1, 2023, 11:03:36 PM11/1/23
to votca
I have installed gmx and VOTCA. When I go to calculate the example, there is always an error, is it my GMX version? How do I operate
微信图片_20231102110144.png

Christoph Junghans

Nov 2, 2023, 12:22:25 AM11/2/23
to vo...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Nov 1, 2023 at 9:03 PM shu zong <qingc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have installed gmx and VOTCA. When I go to calculate the example, there is always an error, is it my GMX version? How do I operate
微信图片_20231102110144.png

The error basically means the tpr file was made with a newer version of gromacs (2021.2) than VOTCA is using (2020.1).
You will either have to use the older version of gromacs to make the tpr or recompile VOTCA to use the newer version of gromacs.

Christoph

--
Join us on Slack: https://join.slack.com/t/votca/signup
---

Christoph Junghans
Web: http://www.compphys.de

shu zong

Nov 2, 2023, 7:43:29 AM11/2/23
to votca
Thank you very much for your reply. Through your guidance, I have solved the problem微信图片_20231102194314.png

Christoph Junghans

Nov 2, 2023, 1:34:01 PM11/2/23
to vo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 2, 2023 at 5:43 AM shu zong <qingc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you very much for your reply. Through your guidance, I have solved the problem微信图片_20231102194314.png
On a related note, Gromacs-2020 and newer don't support tabulated interactions, so if you want to do IBI and such you will have to use gromacs-2019 anyhow.

Christoph