Installed VOTCA-CSG using sudo apt-get votca...what next?

Tushita Rohilla

May 31, 2021, 6:34:40 AM5/31/21
to votca
Dear team, Hope you are doing great and are safe and healthy !!!

I want to use VOTCA for running coarse-grained simulations of a polymer and water system in LAMMPS. I have gone through the IBI and FM theory and read papers. But I have not been able to figure our where to start. I have only been able to install VOTCA through apt-get but dont know where it is installed and how to use it. Along with this, I have only been able to figure out through the files in the distribution that I shoud run an all-atom simulation of atleast one polymer chain having sufficient number of repeat units to capture forces in the dump file. That I find doable still but then how to integrate it with VOTCA...please let me know..I will be grateful...thanks..

-Tushita

Christoph Junghans

May 31, 2021, 10:37:22 AM5/31/21
to vo...@googlegroups.com
First figure out what exact version you have installed, by running
csg_call --version or csg_stat --help.

Then download the exact(!) same version of the tutorials from here:
https://github.com/votca/csg-tutorials/releases

Once unpacked there is a guide/README you can follow.

Christoph

> -Tushita
>
> --
> Join us on Slack: https://join.slack.com/t/votca/signup
> ---

Christoph Junghans
Web: http://www.compphys.de

Tushita Rohilla

May 31, 2021, 11:24:17 AM5/31/21
to votca
Thanks so much..its version 1.2.4..I hope it supports LAMMPS.
I am now following the tutorials and the files need to be modified for LAMMPS i think.

Christoph Junghans

May 31, 2021, 11:44:50 AM5/31/21
to vo...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, May 31, 2021, 09:24 'Tushita Rohilla' via votca <vo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Thanks so much..its version 1.2.4..I hope it supports LAMMPS.
v1.2.4 is from August 2014, which pretty ancient and lammps wasn't as well supported back then.

I am now following the tutorials and the files need to be modified for LAMMPS i think.
I think it might be just easier to try to install a newer version of VOTCA instead.

Tushita Rohilla

Jun 1, 2021, 2:45:14 AM6/1/21
to votca
Hello team,
I tried to install v2021 but got following error statements:

 cmake -B builddir -DBUILD_XTP=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=home/tushita votca
-- MKL: Thread Layer(Intel OpenMP) Interface(4-byte Integer)
-- Could NOT find MKL: Source the compilervars.sh or mklvars.sh scripts included with your installation of MKL. This script searches for the libraries in MKLROOT, LIBRARY_PATHS(Linux), and LIB(Windows) environment variables (missing: MKL_INCLUDE_DIR MKL_Core_LINK_LIBRARY MKL_Interface_LINK_LIBRARY MKL_ThreadLayer_LINK_LIBRARY)
-- Could NOT find MKL: Source the compilervars.sh or mklvars.sh scripts included with your installation of MKL. This script searches for the libraries in MKLROOT, LIBRARY_PATHS(Linux), and LIB(Windows) environment variables (missing: MKL_INCLUDE_DIR MKL_Core_STATIC_LINK_LIBRARY MKL_Interface_STATIC_LINK_LIBRARY MKL_ThreadLayer_STATIC_LINK_LIBRARY)
CMake Error at /home/tushita/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cmake/data/share/cmake-3.20/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230 (message):
  Could NOT find Boost (missing: Boost_INCLUDE_DIR program_options filesystem
  system) (Required is at least version "1.53.0")
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /home/tushita/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cmake/data/share/cmake-3.20/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:594 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /home/tushita/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cmake/data/share/cmake-3.20/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:2344 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  CMakeLists.txt:109 (_find_package)
  tools/CMakeLists.txt:58 (find_package)

See also "/home/tushita/builddir/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/tushita/builddir/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

What do these errors represent?
Error log files are beyond my understanding..please help me here !!!

Thanks,
-Tushita

Christoph Junghans

Jun 1, 2021, 9:11:18 AM6/1/21
to vo...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021, 00:45 'Tushita Rohilla' via votca <vo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

Here is the problem, boost was not found.

You could try to install votca using spack
That will install all dependencies as well.

Christoph

Tushita Rohilla

Jun 2, 2021, 4:57:26 AM6/2/21
to votca
Thanks so much, Christoph..
Installation using Spack worked fine..thanks again..