Improving the computational efficiency of votca for relative entropy minimization

dd ding

Jul 7, 2024, 11:44:07 AM (yesterday) Jul 7
to votca

Hello developersI want to know the reason why the calculation speed of relative entropy minimization in Votca is relatively slow. I use CBSPL potential in the calculation. A total of 344 parameters need to be optimized.

1.png

Run a total of 500000 steps, outputting a frame every 1000 steps.

2.png

By reviewing the log file, I found that for an iteration step, the total calculation time is 547 seconds

3.png

Among them, MD used 158.753 seconds,

4.png

Equivalent to REM using 547-158.753=388.247 seconds.

Can it be understood as: MD took 158.753 seconds to calculate 500000 steps, and REM took 388.247 seconds to process 500 frames output from MD, resulting in a difference in computational efficiency of more than 2400 times? I would like to know the reason for this computational efficiency gap, whether it is due to my installation environment and methods, or the VOTCA's own calculation method? Is it possible to improve computational efficiency through certain methods?

looking forward to your reply

best wishes