Reading file version 119 with version 112 program

MASON HOOTEN

Aug 9, 2020, 1:10:56 PM8/9/20
to votca
Hello,

I believe I was finally able to install VOTCA 1.6.1, but am seeing some a version error when trying to run the tutorial commands. It seems that maybe my VOTCA version is looking for an old version of GROMACS? I separately installed GROMACS 2020.3, manually sourced the commands, and verified that "which gmx" points to the correct version. See error example below. Any thoughts?

Best,

Mason

****
~/votca tutorials/csg-tutorials-master/spce/atomistic$ csg_map --top topol.tpr --trj conf.gro --cg water.xml --out conf_cg.gro
Reading file topol.tpr, VERSION 2020.3 (single precision)

Program:     GROMACS, version 2018.1
Source file: src/gromacs/fileio/tpxio.cpp (line 3185)

Fatal error:
reading tpx file (topol.tpr) version 119 with version 112 program

Christoph Junghans

Aug 9, 2020, 1:50:17 PM8/9/20
to vo...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 11:10 AM MASON HOOTEN
<mh1...@scarletmail.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I believe I was finally able to install VOTCA 1.6.1, but am seeing some a version error when trying to run the tutorial commands. It seems that maybe my VOTCA version is looking for an old version of GROMACS? I separately installed GROMACS 2020.3, manually sourced the commands, and verified that "which gmx" points to the correct version. See error example below. Any thoughts?
This error basically means your csg_stat (VOTCA) was built against an
older version of Gromacs (2018.1) than the one you are currently
running (2020.3).
It is important to note that gromacs-2020 doesn't support tabulated
interactions anymore, so if you are doing coarse-graining you will
have to stick to the 2019 version of gromacs.

Christoph

> Best,
>
> Mason
>
> ****
> ~/votca tutorials/csg-tutorials-master/spce/atomistic$ csg_map --top topol.tpr --trj conf.gro --cg water.xml --out conf_cg.gro
> Reading file topol.tpr, VERSION 2020.3 (single precision)

> Program: GROMACS, version 2018.1
> Source file: src/gromacs/fileio/tpxio.cpp (line 3185)
>
> Fatal error:
> reading tpx file (topol.tpr) version 119 with version 112 program
>

> --
> Join us on Slack: https://join.slack.com/t/votca/signup
> ---

Christoph Junghans