Welcome

Terry Blanton

Jul 19, 2011, 10:38:32 AM7/19/11
to Vortex-l-backup
This group is created as a backup in the event of a failure of the
EskimoNorth ISP which hosts the Vortex-l remailer forum.

Terry

Akira Shirakawa

Jul 19, 2011, 12:19:59 PM7/19/11
to Vortex-l-backup
On Jul 19, 4:38 pm, Terry Blanton <hohlr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This group is created as a backup in the event of a failure of the
> EskimoNorth ISP which hosts the Vortex-l remailer forum.

Google Groups is way more user friendly and quicker to use than Yahoo
Groups.
I recommend using this one instead of that.

Cheers,
S.A.

Terry Blanton

Jul 19, 2011, 12:23:01 PM7/19/11
to vortex-...@googlegroups.com

Yes, definitely faster. But, we could use the Yahoo group to post
pictures and things which won't go into either Google or the existing
emailer group.

Daniel de França MTd2

Jul 19, 2011, 1:15:22 PM7/19/11
to Vortex-l-backup
Hi folks! Testing, testing.

Akira Shirakawa

Jul 19, 2011, 1:34:59 PM7/19/11
to Vortex-l-backup
On Jul 19, 6:23 pm, Terry Blanton <hohlr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, definitely faster.  But, we could use the Yahoo group to post
> pictures and things which won't go into either Google or the existing
> emailer group.

For strictly pictures and photos (and images/photo galleries, etc),
Picasa Web Albums could be used. It integrates with each user's Google
account.
https://picasaweb.google.com/

For documents (spreadsheets, text files, etc) or pictures in a general
sense, there's Google Docs. Again it integrates with each user's
Google Account:
https://docs.google.com/

For the above services each user gets 1 GB of free space.

This is a link of a picture shared with Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6id5Hf-xMWOYzVjMDA2ZDktNjkwNS00OGZjLTlmODItODcwZjUxNjkzYTNl&hl=en_US

The Google Short URL service (http://goo.gl/) could be used in case:
http://goo.gl/U77bn

Cheers,
S.A.

Terry Blanton

Jul 29, 2011, 1:16:48 PM7/29/11
to Vortex-l-backup
Vortex-l could be down for a while since the ISP manager is moving and
working OT. EskimoNorth Users are not pleased.