New setup RC Control issues

adstaggs

Jul 31, 2018, 4:18:55 PM7/31/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
I finished the setup but when I put it in RC mode and switch on the hexapod then switch on the gamebox the robot starts to walk by it self, I can change direction and different modes with the gamebox but can not stop it. I tried R2 then R4 but nothing happens.

Steve Pendergrast

Jul 31, 2018, 4:27:33 PM7/31/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hello,

The first question is: Did you source the parts yourself, or did you purchase a kit from Vorpal Robotics?

We have seen cases where self-sourcers have obtained DPAD button modules that do not provide  the same outputs as normal, and in that case the robot may think you're pressing a DPAD button when you're really not.

If you did not self-source, we would have to start looking into other possibilities.  So let me know the answer to that question first.

Also, if you did buy the parts from us, it would be easier to use the support email, sup...@vorpalrobotics.com rather than go back and forth on a public forum.

Take care,
Steve Pendergrast
Vorpal Robotics, LLC