Overloaded vorpal?

Brendon Hatcher

Aug 14, 2019, 8:06:44 AM8/14/19
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
I am part of https://ioi.london/mega-maker-lab/where I am doing demos and promoting Vorpal hexapod.
The kids get to play with it, and I may have overloaded it!

Every now and then, it simply powers off.
The batteries are charged, the nano light comes on, but I get no beeps and no response as I shift the pot through the different modes.
If I turn it off and on again, eventually I can get it to work.

Also, one of the legs gets stuck when the foot section is raised above parallel.
It isn't getting snagged.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Brendon

Brendon Hatcher

Aug 14, 2019, 12:15:51 PM8/14/19
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
I found the wiki entry on overheating the servos.

This is probably the cause - the robot was working very hard for an extended period!

I still have the problem of the sticking servo - will read more!

Brendon