A. Olshove

Nov 8, 2017, 12:01:50 PM11/8/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
I received my kit in the mail Monday night and successfully completed my build on Tuesday.

I'm blown away by Steve's attention to detail in the robust programming he's done with the controller and robot such that it's literally plug and play. I really expected to run into SOME kind of problem but as long as the connections are made correctly, it'll boot right up and do what it's supposed to.

Picture and video here if you have the time/interest: https://www.thingiverse.com/make:402794

For the video, I just have it on its stand because it's hard to hold a phone and a controller at the same time.  LOL!

Thanks for the amazing hexapod base platform, Vorpal!

Steve Pendergrast

Nov 8, 2017, 2:32:20 PM11/8/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Thanks for the kind words! Awesome make. I like the white color!

Eric Albert

Nov 22, 2017, 5:42:17 PM11/22/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Steve:  here's my build with a small add on mod to the leg tips:  https://www.thingiverse.com/make:408215 I'll post that to thingiverse soon.

Steve Pendergrast

Nov 22, 2017, 7:43:24 PM11/22/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Looks cool.  I think those are fine, however I would caution people creating boots like that to keep them pretty short. The longer the legs are, the more torque is required to lift the robot off the ground so it puts more stress on the knees.

An inch is probably fine, but if you tried to make huge stilts you could possibly damage the servos.

Eric Albert

Nov 23, 2017, 7:27:18 AM11/23/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Yes, these add less than 1/2" and I'm experimenting with making a more flat bottom type as well.

Eric Albert

Nov 23, 2017, 7:46:26 AM11/23/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum

not exactly flat, but more like a spherical cap, but so far my test of this first design is working nicely.