Dave Leiner

Oct 28, 2017, 10:55:49 AM10/28/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Thanks for setting up this group, Steve! Should prove very useful.

In anticipation of possibly tweaking the code, I got to the point where I was able to compile it in the Arduino app. Had to search for some libraries (eg Pixy) and it compiles without errors now.

Before I try this though, I just wanted to make sure you are keeping the code on Github up to date. Do you have a backup binary in case the compile and upload fails?

Thanks!

pe...@vorpalrobotics.com

Oct 28, 2017, 4:15:36 PM10/28/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hi Dave,

I just now pushed the code out to the master branch on the hexapod, gamepad, and scratch extension.  It is the same as what was flashed on the kits, except for comments in the code differ here and there.

Regarding your issue with the distance sensor, it turns out the online wiring guide was incorrect and was for an older version of the project. The TRIG line is actually D7 and ECHO is D8.

Sorry about that! Please rewire.  I tested it just now and it works for me in windows scratchx.

Dave Leiner

Oct 28, 2017, 7:52:15 PM10/28/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
That did the trick. Thanks!