How to pair Bluetooth Modules

Nicholas Iacobelli

Jan 17, 2020, 2:48:22 PM1/17/20
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
I'm trying to troubleshoot some issues with the gamepad not connecting to the robot. I get a fast blinking red light on the robot bluetooth and nothing on the gamepad module.

What is the procedure to pair the modules?

Thank you!
Nick

vorpalrobotics

Jan 17, 2020, 3:18:33 PM1/17/20
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hi,

If you're getting no lights on the gamepad hc05 then it's either dead or not getting power. Check to make sure you he red and black wires are tight against the pins on both the nano side and the hc05 side. Sometimes you'll get a jumper that doesn't grab. Also double check to make sure the right pins are connected. If still no lights send email to sup...@vorpalrobotics.com and we will ship out new hc05 modules.

To answer your question about programming them to pair ... It's complicated. But if you have no lights that's your issue.